Monday, June 23, 2008

A great weekend does wonders!

This weekend was great. The start of AF give me hope. I will say that it's quite different than all the AFs I've ever had on birth control. No cramps, no major headache, no low "heavy" feeling in my lower abdomen - just light spotting and dark in color. I only mention this because it might be useful for someone else going through something similar to know. It occurred to me that implantation bleeding is often described in very similar ways (http://www.justmommies.com/articles/implantation-bleeding.shtml), but I can't say I detected ovulation before this time, so I'm leaning towards it not being that.

Over the weekend I was, once again, reminded of how great my life really is. Jay is such a good husband and will make such a great dad. That's probably one of the things I'm most excited about in welcoming a baby into our family. We were setting in the office going over the buget and he was going on and on about some figures he put together in Excel (he loves that program), and I started to tear up. Hilarious, yes, but I love it when he makes "us" a priority.

It just occured to me that I have less than two weeks until my preconception check-up. I started putting togther a questions/research document that I hope to make public soon, in case it's helpful to anyone. Since my insurance will not cover any infertility related tests or treatment, my approach will more than likely be to request we do anything we can to treat an underlying condition I might have, such as PCOS or a thyroid problem. I'm also going to order some products online soon for helping to regulate my cycles and help increase the odds. I'll keep you posted on what I end up getting!

Here's to a positive, productive week :)



Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP