Sunday, May 10, 2009

She's back... and, again, I couldn't be happier!

The world really does know way too much about my life. :) The thought of sharing what seems like really private information to you all, when I stop and think about it, is pretty funny. All in the name of infertility and trying to, not only figure out my body, hopefully help another woman who might be reading this, better understand her body, too.

In the arena of TMI
I'm here to announce that I have somehow managed to start another cycle on my own. Yes, another. Twice in a row!! AND, this time, instead of my cycle being 90-something days long, was only 43. Quick, somebody give AF a gold metal, because I think she deserves it :P

In my little pre-IVF world, this is GREAT news! Not because I think this means we'll now get pregnant on our own (because we still have tube scarring and sperm count issues), but because it does open the door a bit wider to the *possibility* of a miracle happening one day, provided this trend continues (crossing fingers and toes on this one!). Otherwise, it would have been close to impossible, aside from any miracle that God might assist in ;)

This is also good because, honestly, I just feel better! My body actually feels more in sync with itself, which I'm sure has something to do with the fact that my hormone fluctuations are more "normalized" (going up and down as they should in a "normal" woman's cycle).

I assume most people who stumble on this blog already know how to chart their cycle (because more than likely you too are having issues getting pregnant), but I also appreciate the fact that there are "newbies" who are just getting started on this whole roller coaster like I once was.

For those who are new to this...
Or, didn't know that you could track symptoms and know more about what's happening with your body - well you can! By simply being more in-tune with your body and keeping an eye out for fertility signs you can tell WAY more than you ever thought you could. I won't go into too much detail on here about the ins and outs of what to look for, because honestly, FertilityFriend.com does a fantastic job of covering everything you ever wanted to know about how your monthly cycle works.

If you'd like to learn more, I'd recommend checking out their site. In particular, they have both an online e-mail course you can sign up for (where they will e-mail you daily lessons for a few weeks - I did this first and it was fantastic!) or they've also put together an online handbook which takes you through the process in one fell swoop.

Below is my chart for this past cycle... see more TMI ;)
What's neat about it is that you can get really close to figuring out when you most likely ovulated. Last cycle I was SURE I ovulated... this cycle I'm pretty sure, but I didn't have the typical O pains like I did before. I DID, however, have lots of other tell-tell signs, as you'll see highlighted in the O window I've plotted below.

Apr09 Cycle

In the end though, this is just as much for me as it is for a newbie. A girl can't possibly recall everything! And, I find that if I don't write it down, I will never truly be in tune with my body, let alone notice what happens from one cycle to another. As you can see from my chart, I've long sense stopped obsessing about taking my temp daily (was never a good indicator anyway, since I have PCOS) and have found that this is the perfect happy-medium!



Related Posts by Categories

3 comments:

The Swann's May 11, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

WAHOO!!!!! Whatever you're doing, keep it up! :-) Still on the metformin??? This is so exciting that that "possibility" is becoming greater with each new cycle! :-) I'll keep praying for a miracle for you guys!!!

Anonymous May 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Well done!! really great news about AF and the cycles becoming more normal, you really never know! You're in my thoughts.

The Swann's May 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Since no new posts to comment on, I guess I'll just tell you how Awe-summm you are and invite you to my blog to pick up your appropriate blogging award. :-) Because you ARE Awe-Summm!!! I hope you're having a fantastic weekend!

~Meghan

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP