Something else worth mentioning... I took a voice recorder to my appointment so that I could remember everything my doctor had to say and it worked like a charm! I figured no need to make a big deal of it so I left it in my purse and just reviewed it when I got home with my husband. It was nice because it's sorta the in between - he can still hear exactly what her feedback is, without taking time off work. I always had such a hard time remembering exactly what was said and in what order the doc mentioned things in, so this should work out nicely!
Here's what I got out of this appt:
- Yes, I have lots of cysts, but nothing to large to give clomid a try for one round (at least)
- My uterus measure an average size and shape
- The doc wanted to start clomid on days 3-7, but Monday was day 4, so we're doing days 4-8
- We were told to start having sex no later than day 9 and to NOT have sex each day, but rather every other day.
- If nothing productive happens this cycle (ovulation or pregnancy), it seems as though my OB is recommending I go back on birth control for a month to see if the cysts will go away, before trying another cycle with the clomid; I'm not sure how hard I'll push for upping the dosage first before doing that. Maybe if I don't ovulate I'll be apt to go that route, but if I DO ovulate but don't get pregnant, I might see if we can try upping the dosage first.
Also, I came across a few articles that are worth sharing - all of which tie back to the above... I hope to read them more in detail and write about it later when I have more time. In the meantime, here are the links:
- What are cysts (cysts and follicles... does a good job of explaining the "difference")
- Help for women with Annovulatory Androgen Excess (AAE, also known as PCOS)
- Cyclic Progesterone Therapy (a way to treat AAE)
- Natural Supplements for PCOS
- Progesterone and it's Role in Getting Pregnant (**important info about miscarriages and progesterone, as well as ovulatory dysfuncation and progesterone)
- Fertility and Ovulation Day-by-Day (nice explanation of what does what and when)